Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Barack Obama is now President

History was made yesterday and I was actually surprised by my reaction. To be honest, I voted for John McCain for many reasons but when I was watching the inauguration yesterday I couldn't help but get a little teary-eyed as I listened to speech and watched his family make their new home at the White House. I can't believe we have a Black President and I think it is great. I am not happy about some of his changes that he plans to make but overall, I think he will do a good job. It is amazing to see and feel the togetherness that this man has brought to the country and to the world. I think that is exactly what we need right now for this failing economy-a fresh face. I hope and pray that we can all come together as a nation and remember that Obama is just a man that is trying to make our nation a better place to live.

1 comment:

Gina Sims said...

Ronna,
I agree with you 100%! Have a good day sweetie! Your kids are gorgeous!