Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Luke's Six!!!

I can't believe my little guy is six!!! Wow, I feel either really old or just really young to be having a six year old. Anyhow, this year we decided to do a family party instead of a friend party. I have to admit, I felt a little guilty like I wasn't being a good mom to not throw a huge party like I usuallly do. But guess what? Luke had a great time and he said "I want to have a family party every year!". I did like that there was no stress, no planning, no fighting with my husband about how much money I'd spent at the dollor store to fill up the "must have" goody bags. It was actually really nice and Luke had a blast playing at Chucky Cheese with his dad, mom and 2 little sisters. He got a small gift from each of us. I got him the "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" books, Brooke got him some "Bendaroos", JR got him a big bag of Jerky and Caitlynn just smiled for him. I thought he would miss opening presents and having all his friends there but he didn't at all. So, we are now going to do a friend party every other year starting at age six in our family.

Happy Birthday Luke. I hope you had a great birthday and I really liked hanging out with you to celebrate your big day at Chucky Cheese. It was so fun to win the jackpot and get all those tickets!!!I bet that was your gift from Chelsea. Dad is having a great time reading those books to you. Pretty soon you won't need his help at all to read them, but secretly I think he really likes it.

WE LOVE YOU LUKEY!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics or our little man, and of course they are in reverse order. Oh well, Luke doesn't care!







8 comments:

Jenny said...

OK, I'm sitting here crying. Id does go by WAY too fast. I think Luke was two when you guys came over for our Thanksgiving dinner! Now he's a boy!!

Gina Sims said...

Ronna,
What a great post about your big boy! I am pretty sure that you are young to have a 6 year old! We are the same age so if you are old that would make me old too! Happy Birthday Luke from Wyoming!

Larsen's said...

How fun it is to see how much Luke grew over the years! I like family b-day parties, too, and we do the same thing - "friend birthday parties" every *other* year. It looks like you all had a nice time celebrating Luke's birthday.

Emma Lee said...

Ok, I totally remember the ducly cakes & the elmo cake...I am spacing the Michigan cake but I think I remember us being out of town for Weston's bady? Anyways, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Luke! You are awesome and we miss you!

Kierstin said...

Happy birthday Luke!! Sounds like fun to me. I totally am down with the family birthday parties. You can actually enjoy the party instead of entertaining everyone else's kids and spend all the money on your own child. No birthday party for Asia again this year, especially with another baby coming.

Beka said...

Happy Birthday, Luke! We miss you...especially Jake. I loved seeing the progression over the years. What a wonderful boy.

RiLee said...

Seriously, he is so cute..all your kids...Tators is getting so big...she has the best smile. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE.

Love ya, sis

RiLee said...

remind me how you made the little Duckey Cake.