Tuesday, September 8, 2009

J.R. and Ronna's weekend gettaway at the Queen Victoria Hotel (aka Love Shack)

Since Uncle CJ was here to babysit, JR and I decided to get away for the weekend. I chose a bed and breakfast called the Queen Victoria hotel in Downtown SFO. It was so fun to have the night away to ourselves. The hotel was beautiful and we had a cozy fireplace in our room.
Here is a picture of the side of the hotel. I forgot to snap a picture of the front but it was gorgeous!

Here is our room with the cozy fireplace. (BTW I love antiques)

Here are a few pictures of the lobby and sitting room where you could get your tea and biscuits at 4:00 sharp! (We missed it darn it but I did get some yummy hot chocolate later that night!)



Later that night we wondered around Fillmore street in the city and saw some cute little shops. I saw this fun place called Bittersweet Chocolate Cafe and of course we had to stop.

They had these yummy chocolate "tiles" that I have seen at a few different other spots in the city so I HAD to get some. We chose the "Burnt Caramel with Sea Salt". It was divine.

JR and I had done some research on Yelp and found a yummy seafood restaurant we wanted to try. Here is JR with his Fish and Chips. They were huge and we thought they were the best we've had.

I ordered the Stuffed Lobster Roll but I thought it was a little overpriced. But all in all, the place got four stars. Too bad I can't remember the name of it!

The next morning we slept in and then went over to the farmer's market at the ferry building. It was really fun, but I forgot to take more pictures. We had such a fun time and I have decided that we should do these weekends more often. Too bad we don't have free babysitting anymore. Thanks again CJ. Can't wait to do it again next year!

P.S. As a side note. The reason we called it the "Love Shack" was because as we were leaving, Luke and Brooke asked where we were going and since they love staying in hotels so much, I didn't want to say that was what we were doing. So, I said that daddy and mommy were going to stay at the "Love Shack." They didn't think anything of it and so there was no big deal when we left. Well later that night, our neighbor came over(who happens to be in our ward) and he asked where JR and I were. Luke said "Oh, they went to the Love Shack for the night." He thought that was so funny so he emailed me the song on YouTube and told me all about it on Sunday. Let's just say, I was a little embarrassed.

9 comments:

amydear said...

Looks like a great time. Thanks for not sharing too many details about the love shack! Just kidding.

Cheri said...

What fun to be able to get away for a night! And I love Luke's honesty.

Kelly said...

Hilarious story! That looks like so much fun. And the hotel is even beautiful from the side. I'm glad you guys were able to get away. I love free babysitters.

Larsen's said...

What a fun weekend - it makes me want to do that with Michael. I love the song "Love Shack" - you crazy kids!!!

Cheri said...

I was going to leave this type of comment to Emily, (hee, hee) but I thought the tercel was the love shack...

Emma Lee said...

Cheri....you totally read my mind! LOL! And Ronna....you know that is one of my favorite songs "Hop in my Crysler.... its as big as a whale and I'm headin on back to the love shack baby." Anyhoo, looks like a GRAND idea and I we keep saying we need to do the same thing very soon! We are going to a marriage retreat this weekend being put on by our ward which will be fun but I am definately looking forward to something a little more Queen Victoria myself. ;)

Paradise said...

I am so happy you had a nice weekend away from the kiddos! You look so happy. Next time I am in San Fran I want to visit you!

imbritney said...

How fun!! It's always nice to get away -- especially to the love shack!! :)

RiLee said...

so funny...it looks beautiful...and the hutch in the tea room is GORGEOUS...oh my I want one of those...
as for resteraunts...have you tried the mexican one we went to...it was so delicious...its a must!!!!