Friday, September 18, 2009

Trip to Portland

We went to Portland for Labor Day to visit JR's brother and wife and their new baby Conner. Congrats to Ron and Britney! It was great to see family and it made me wish we lived closer to them. Luke and Brooke sure do love their cousins. We went to the Portland Zoo and rode their amazing train ride. We also did some swimming at the hotel which was probably the high-light for the kids. We did alot of visiting with family and eating yummy food. Thanks again to Britney for hosting all of us. Here are a few pictures of the adventures we had.


Here is Britney and her new baby boy Conner. He was such a good baby. I don't think I ever heard him cry. The blessing was beautiful and it was such a neat experience to have it at your home. You and Ron are going to be such good parents. Congrats again!


Here are Megan and JR's younger brother Aaron who also live up in Oregon. It was good to see them. Too bad their little boy Ryan wasn't in the picture. I got one of him below though. We celebrated Aaron's 30th birthday while we were there. Happy Birthday Aaron!


Here are all the cousins watching a movie. (Oh, except for Conner) We just had to throw Caitlynn on the couch,the rest of them were already situated. It was funny to see them all snuggled on the couch without us prompting them. Too bad I can't remember what movie it was that got their attention. It would have helped for the Halloween picture below.


Here is Luke and his cousin Hunter riding the amazing train at the Portland Zoo. The kids had such a fun time on the train ride-it was beautiful! (FYI-Luke and Hunter are almost exactly one year apart-Luke is just huge compared to everyone his age). If you look behind them, you can see Uncle Brad(Christi's husband)in the striped orange and white shirt. It was funny trying to get all of the Edwards packed onto the same train ride. We did it-and it was totally worth it!


Here are J.R. and Caitlynn checking out a sea lion I think. Caitlynn was so intrigued by the glass surrounding the aquariums. She kept touching it expecting it to be wet. It was cute to see how scared/excited she got when the sea lions or penguins would swim up to her.


Grandpa Paul and Grandma Karen with Luke and Brooke.


Me and Caitlynn having a fun time.


Grandpa Paul and Caitlynn hit it off great! This was the first time Grandpa Paul had seen Caitlynn. She loved to play with his glasses and he didn't seem to mind.


Here is our Halloween picture. Christi and I decided at the last minute to do a cousin picture. So we ran to Target at 9pm the night before to grab some shirts. It was so hard trying to coordinate shirts for all the grand kids ages 1 month to 6 years. So here is the final product. I like the pumpkin (Conner) in the middle the best. What we do for memories.


Our family had such a fun time!!! Too bad we couldn't stay longer. Hopefully we'll see some of you at Christmas.

7 comments:

amydear said...

Next time you go up there, you have to stop in and see us! We are right off I-5 on the way to Portland. Glad you had a good trip!

imbritney said...

I love these pictures!! I downloaded a few to my HDD so I could have them, too. :)

We loved having everyone in town. What a great weekend! We definitely should do it more often. Hopefully we can figure something out for Christmas (not sure yet...)

Larsen's said...

What a nice update, Ronna! :)

Emma Lee said...

Oh man! I thought the second picture down was JR and I was like "wow, who is he cuddlin up with on the couch!" lol Anyways, I don't think I have ever seen a picture of his other brother.

Anyways, Looks like the trip was super fun. I sure miss you all. LOve ya,

Em

Emma Lee said...

Oh and Caitlyn is so dang cute I could eat her!

imbritney said...

Emma -- that is actually his younger brother. The older brother (Ron) is my husband.....

You should see them all together, it's like those paper dolls you fold and cut out -- each one is slightly different, but they are so dang similar! :)

Cheri said...

I really like the last picture of you all. Such a good looking family. You all look great!