Saturday, November 28, 2009

Carmel Apples

For FHE one night in October, the kids and I made Carmel Apples. They didn't look very pretty but they sure tasted pretty yummy! The hard part was getting all those wrappers off of the carmel without Caitlynn trying to eat them. I felt like for every one wrapper I would get off, the kids would have already eaten two. (Note for next year-take the wrappers off the caramels beforehand.

Here is the final product. We added too much milk so that is why the caramel melted off the apples. Brooke and Luke wanted to dip their's in chocolate chips. Notice how they all dripped to the bottom??? I definately get docked for presentation.




I love how Luke lookes like he is going to pounce on the caramel apples in this picture.

I guess he did. It reminds me of the show coming out in a few weeks from the Twilight series-"New Moon". Can't wait to see it with my girlfriends. Looks like Luke found himself something to sink his mouth into. And guess what he is going to be for Halloween???? Yep, a Vampire.


At least one of my kids has some manners!

No comments: