Thursday, July 24, 2008

Here he goes!

So, I guess my son is getting old. After he saw his friend ride his bike w/out training wheels, he decided he wanted to take his off too. Since we live in an area where there are so many hills, he has probably only riden his bike five times. I have to load their bikes in the van and then drive him to the church parking lot-I guess that is too much to ask of a mom :) Anyway, I was a little bit skeptical at first because I didn't think he would be able to do it. But, he got on and off he went. No help from me or JR mind you. He has fallen only twice and loves riding around in circles on our deck in the back yard. Yes, for family home evening I did take him to ride his bike at the church parking lot and now everyday he asks me to take him there. But seeing his happy face going way too fast is sure worth the trip!


Here is JR taking off the training wheels.

Here goes nothing. I wonder if this is what it will feel like when we hand him over the car keys to learn how to drive? No wait, we will just make him ride his bike forever. When he is sixteen, maybey we will buy him a two-seater to take girls out on dates.

He did it! He just took off. No fear at all. Good job Luke!

PS I know that most kids don't wear elbow or knee pads to ride their bikes, but he just got a skate board and he has to wear them for that so I made him put them on too. I will probably request he wears at least a helmet when he learns to drive a car. You can never be too careful.

3 comments:

Larsen's said...

Yeahhhh Luke! Amber just learned how to ride a bike a couple of weeks ago. Finally, all my kids can ride a bike. Now if I can just get Amber to be a good swimmer, I can cross that off my list, too. Good job Luke!

RiLee said...

Good job Luke!!!! Ronna kids have to wear their protective gear even when riding bikes..her in Jersey its the law up until their 10 or 12
Next will be Brooke....

RiLee said...

one other thing...you should add me to your list of blogger buddies..
RiLee