Sunday, December 21, 2008

Brooke's Princes Party

Brooke wanted a Princess Party this year and with a "pink castle cake". Here is the final product. It was crazy-fun, as all parties are, but I am sure glad it is over.

Since it was so fun decorating the castle cake, I decided to bake 3 more boxes of cake the night before and let everyone decorate their own "castles". It was a hit, and I tried to explain to JR that the extra $75 I spent on candy and frosting was totally worth the memory. The kids definitely loved it but I don't recommend it if you want a clean house.

Besides decorating castles, we made homemade tiaras and played Kiss the Frog Prince. The girls LOVED getting to put tons of lipstick on and trying to kiss the lips on the frog poster I made. The boys, not so much. But hey that is what you get at a princess party. I forgot to get pictures of that but it was really cute. Here they are opening presents. Notice how I said "they" instead of "Brooke". Luke likes to help her-oh well, she didn't seem to mind.

This is how Luke felt during most of the party until his friend Jacob showed up.


On the invitations, I told everyone to dress up and so they all looked so cute! Sorry about Brooke's immodesty. I tried to convince her to wear a shirt underneath but it was her party and she insisted on the hoochie ballet dress. I can only win so many battles with a 4 year old princess.





6 comments:

Larsen's said...

Wow, I am impressed, Ronna! What a fun party. I really like that "kiss the frog" game...I never heard of that before - what a cute idea!

Emma Lee said...

SO much fun. I wish I could come to the princess party! Only a couple more months for us right? One day Luke will realize that he was the luckiest boy alive to be the only prince at a princess party. ;) You are such a great mom. Love you.

Cheri said...

Awesome cake! And nice faker on the pouty face, Luke. You know you loved all that sugar!

Regan said...

So cute! Girls are the best. And I remember when we played that "kiss the frog" game at your bridal shower - only the frog was JR!

Gina Sims said...

So cute! Thanks for the ideas, I am going to have do that for Courtney!

Rory and Katie McDonald said...

Wow Brooke it looks like you had a fun birthday party! That was a very cool cake...good job mom.