Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! We had a great time at home this year with just our little family and it was so perfect. We all got spoiled and I just wanted to share some pictures of us enjoying this wonderful holiday. Here is our annual "picture on the tripod after church" photo. I make JR take one of these pictures every year and it is fun to see how much our family has changed. I like to frame them in a Christmas frame and pull them out every year with our other Christmas decorations and put them on the mantle. It is one tradition that I actually follow through with. I usually send out that picture for our Christmas cards but this year, my friend took pictures of the kids and so I just used those. But I did sort of miss having our whole family on the cards, so I thought I'd put it on the blog instead.

Here is the decorated tree and stockings waiting to be filled. Notice how there are only four stockings, I never got around to making Caitlynn's, oops! Next year I will get it done and maybey she will even get a gift from Santa too. Thank goodness for grandparents or else she wouldn't have gotten anything this year. But don't worry, she won't remember. Do you remember your first Christmas?
So since we were suppose to go to Portland this year for Christmas, I didn't want to put the tree up. But when we decided to stay home, Luke informed me that we had to put up the Christmas tree or else Santa wouldn't come. So, here we are Christmas Eve day, putting up the tree, listening to Christmas music and just enjoying not having to drive anywhere. I highly recommend it.
Here are the people that made my Christmas so special. Thanks hun for all your hard work this year. You are the BEST husband I could've asked for. You are also a pretty good gift giver too. I love you! And to my four children (three walking, one flying) You make me love my life (most of the time). I have truly been blessed this year. We will always miss our baby Chelsea but are so thankful that she sent us another sister to love. I still learn from you everyday and miss you in those quiet moments. Some day I will get to raise you, until then, you continue to teach me.
What a happy family we are. Hope you are feeling the love of the Savior at this time of the year, we sure have felt His love. We love you all and can't wait to see what is in store for next year! It truly was a Merry Christmas for us.
Love,
JR, Ronna, Luke, Brooke, Caitlynn, and the spirit of Chelsea Lynn Edwards

7 comments:

Larsen's said...

What a very sweet post, Ronna. Merry Christmas to you and your family...

Sarah said...

At least you got to stay safe and warm and bot be in the crazy storms that are EVERYWHERE! Such sweet pictures and good job of JR for getting that tree up!

Cheri said...

sounds perfect. wonderful post. everyone looks so happy, so I'm happy!!

Emma Lee said...

Merry Christmas!! I was thinking of you. BTW- We have Chelsea's ornament on our tree and I explained to him that she was our friend who lives with heavenly father and then he paused and said "I know mom...see she is an angel." I had to share...it was so sweet. Love you guys.

RiLee said...

Ronna, I love how you always include Chelsea, I know it is hard for you, but it reminds us of how special she was even though we don't see her now..thanks...

Good thing you put the christmas tree up. Ri

BC Thompson Family said...

Merry Christmas to you guys...

Rory and Katie McDonald said...

We loved having you here last week. Rory and I will miss seeing you all the time. Now we can fly out on SLC and not have to drive to Vegas. Ronna don't forget to email me ALL of the pictures you took while you were here.