Thursday, August 28, 2008

Luke's First Day of Kindergarten!

Today was Luke's first day of school! He was so excited to go and I was happy to see him so independent. When he woke up this morning, he got dressed, ate breakfast, put on his new shoes and backpack and waited excitedly for his father's blessing. After that he said "ok, I am ready to go to school now that I have the spirit with me". I thought it was really cute and that is when I got a little teary eyed.

Here is Luke waiting for us to load up in the van.

Brooke is sure going to miss her big brother. She of course had to wear her new "school clothes" today too. She is very excited for her first day of pre-school although it doesn't start for 2 weeks. Life won't be the same without Luke around.

Luke didn't want us to walk him to class, he just wanted us to drop him off like a "big kid". He obviously didn't get his way. Instead JR gave him a little "father-son" talk on the path leading to the school. I wished I knew what they were talking about.

Here is Luke waiting in line to go to his class. He was so brave. Not even one tear.

And he made it!!!!!!!!Hooray for Luke surviving the first day of Kindergarten!

Luke I am so proud of you! You are going to have such a fun year this year with Mrs. C. I can't believe my baby is in Kindergarten! You made me so happy today. I will miss you and can't wait to see what you learn this year. Don't ever forget how much I love you.
Love Always,
Mom

5 comments:

Kierstin said...

Yea for Luke!!! He is totally ready for school. He was ready in Michigan. He is a smart kid. He goes a full day right? I am glad I only have to part with Asia for three hours. Break me in for first grade. I bet Brooke totally misses him. They look like such good friends. Today was the first Lois came up to me a little sad and I asked when we were going to get Asia. We're still adjusting and we have finished two weeks. Glad things went well. Oh and it's nice to see JR had some time to take him to school. Jason had a crazy busy week and missed it all.

Larsen's said...

Congrats, Luke...what a big day!!!

Emma Lee said...

I can't believe how big he is. Just to think that Luke was about as big as Benjamin when I first met him. I'll never forget his alert little face flirting with me over your shoulder at Enrichment.

Wow, how time flies. I love the picture of JR and him walking the path together....I'm placing money he was giving him pointers on kissing tag.

BC Thompson Family said...

Congrats Luke...you are such a big kid now! Hunter wants to tell u how excited he was too...he just started preschool.
Christi :)

meagan said...

what a memorable experience... he looks so grown up!