Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stalker or Just a mom of a Kindergartener?

Today was the first day that I didn't walk Luke to his class. I decided that we would do the "drive-thru drop off" like most of the other moms. Since our baby will be here in a couple of weeks, I realized that I would not be able to walk him to class, dragging a car seat/baby and Brooke with us. So, we are going to do the quick drop off instead. Luke did fine. It was me that was a little crazy. After I dropped him off, I drove around the school and parked outside the fence and waited to watch him. I just wanted to make sure he got to class when the bell rang. I know, crazy huh?
PS Did I mention he already has homework??? Homework in Kindergarten-now that is crazy!!!

7 comments:

BC Thompson Family said...

I totally understand...I still walk Hunter to preschool even though Hunter would only need to walk like 10 feet by himself. It just makes me too nervous!

Amy said...

You are being totally normal; you care about your boy and are "a mom of a kindergartener"! Unfortunately, I am a neurotic parent who still walks my boys who are 8 and a half and seven years old all the way to the school door and pick them up there when we live two blocks away. I just have this need as a mom to make sure they arrive at their final destination, I wonder how I'll be when they go to college and on missions:).

Kelly said...

I bet I would do the exact same thing. I get pretty freaked out sometimes. I think you're pretty normal.

Emma Lee said...

No worries, I would probably do the same thing!

Katie said...

I do that like everyday. Also, Lucy had way more homework in Kindergarten than she has in 1st grade, but I think it was good. Especially because she was at kindergarten for only 2 1/2 hours and now she is at school for 7.

imbritney said...

I've heard it's harder on the mom than it is on the child. Don't worry, you'll get to go through it at least two more times and it always gets easier!! :)

Larsen's said...

Isn't it the weirdest thing that your child has this...life...without you? It all starts in Kindergarten.

After being with you every moment...it is a big adjustment!