Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Slight Change of Plans...

So, I was suppose to be induced tomorrow night but that might not be the case. Technically I can not be induced early unless I have an amniocentesis to check for lung maturity. My doctor "forgot" to inform me of this until last night. I was not a happy camper. My parents had bought their tickets, JR had arranged his work schedule, dinners were assigned, oh, and I was set on the date to say the least. So, we have to have the amniocentesis to see if her lungs are ready. I go in tomorrow morning and have that long needle stuck into my belly. Then they draw out some amniotic fluid and send it to the lab. I will find out the results tomorrow afternoon. If her lungs look good, then it is a go. If not, then we have to wait until next week. Under the circumstances I should be pretty angry. But since I do want a healthy baby, I am willing to wait another week. I can't believe I just admitted that. I swear the Lord is helping me to be calm or else I would have lost it. I actually am feeling very peaceful about it. (although that wasn't the case last night). So, thanks for all the prayers, they are working and we will have a baby sometime. Maybey tomorrow, maybey not until next week. Either way I know that the Lord is blessing me.
Love,
Ronna and family.
Now the question is what to do with my family here for the next week if I don't have this baby tomorrow????

8 comments:

GrannySharon said...

I hope you don't mind me responding to your post! This is Regan's Mom...I had 3 amnio's with Regan, 3 with Sarah and 1 with Spencer!! I let them give me a pain(numbing) shot with the 1st one, but none after that! The pain shot was like a bee sting, the amnio was alot easier (I have to admit I felt like they were trying to deflate a basketball...)so I didn't have any other pain shots because they were more painful than the other!! You will need to decide that for yourself, though! These are not as scary as you are thinking now. I always went by myself, even!
I wouldn't change a thing now because I was grateful to know the baby was ok!! We'll keep you in our prayers tonight and tomorrow!! And we'll be excited to see a picture of Mom, Dad & kiddos in the next week or so!!

Larsen's said...

Oh, Ronna! Darn!!! I know you are disappointed. But, like you said, the most important thing is that your girlie is healthy and ready to come on out.

Well, I guess I better break the news to Amber. Good luck tomorrow...Hopefully by the time you read this it will be over!

BC Thompson Family said...

Well hopefully your baby's lungs are developed and it is still a go...I hated the waiting game to be induced. I was delayed a week with Carter and it wasn't as bad as I expected I got more stuff done in my extra week then I had in months :)!

Regan said...

I had Bridget at 34 weeks and her lungs were fine, so I'm crossing my fingers for you! They say girls develop faster than boys, so you've got that going for you. She'll be here soon, although I'm sure your family won't mind hanging around town while y'all wait!

Sarah said...

I had one with my son at 34 weeks. I was so freaked! But when they found the spot, the nurse marked it with her nail and it hurt more than the needle (which is to say not at all!). One of the things that can happen is it can send you into early labor (which I already was) so it wasn't so bad. I thought, "All that worrying for nothing!"

Good luck, you guys are in our prayers!

imbritney said...

what a bummer!! It is so disappointing when you have all your plans laid out and then BAM! the rug is pulled out from under you. It must feel like you lost all control!

Ron and I will be praying for you and your family! I know things will work out, but a few extra prayers never hurt!

Stacy Geagan Wagner said...

Ronna!!!!! Wow. What timing? I was just wondering how you are and so I checked in (apparently at just the right time). Can't wait to hear when you're "having this baby". You're so cute. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Much love, Stacy (yes, your running buddy!) and Joel

Erika said...

I've been wondering how you were doing. You never know maybe the baby will freak out with that big needle and come out on it's own. Best of luck and let us know when it's a go.