Saturday, September 27, 2008

Baby Shower in a Box.

So my good friends Cheri, Emily and Katie wanted to throw me a baby shower but since none of them live by me, they sent me a "baby shower in a box". I waited until all three boxes arrived and then I opened the first box. It said that I had to take pictures of me opening the boxes and playing the games. Then I had to post them on my blog so they could feel like they were here with me. So, here they are girls, I wish you could have been here but this was almost as good.

So in the first box was some really cute baby outfits, chocolates, lotions, and six kinds of baby food. I had to taste each flavor and guess what kinds they were. All I know is that I am not ever going to feed my baby the veggies. They were disgusting!
Here are my guesses:
1. Plum
2. Carrots
3. Pear
4. Sweet Potatoes(yummy)
5. Green Beans (yuck!)
6. Squash


When I opened the second box, this is what I found:


Yes, my friend Cheri sent me seven "poopy" diapers to smell. They were actually different kinds of candy bars but they looked real and the idea was just gross. Luckily I didn't have to taste any to figure them out. But Luke tried a couple and was so happy that they weren't real poop. Here are my guesses:
1. Jr. Mint
2. Mr. Goodbar
3. Snickers
4. Milky Way
5. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (Luke's favorite)
6. Twix
7. Nut Roll


So my very creative friend decided to send me some of everything. She sent me about 10 different kinds of pain meds, slippers, baby outfits and socks, wet wipes, candy, gum, chap stick, and my favorite of all: Nursing Pads. Thanks Katie for sending me some of those. I totally forgot to buy some. Here I am getting ready to become the "Nursing Alien".


They were trying to guess the size of my belly, so they all sent me some string. It was actually a tie between Emily and Cheri. The sad thing was that they almost didn't fit. You're not really suppose to guess the right measurement girls because it makes the pregnant person feel even bigger. Especially when it almost doesn't fit. So, I choose Katie to be the winner. Hers at least had a little to spare.


Thanks so much girls for making me laugh. See, we don't even have to be in the same room to make me want to pee my pants, even if I wasn't 9 months pregnant. Love you guys!

8 comments:

BC Thompson Family said...

Very Cute baby shower...that was sweet! Well cant wait to see your baby girl :)!

Emma Lee said...

Ronna,

First of all, you look GREAT! Thanks for all the pictures! They made me laugh and it was SO fun to see you doing all the games. Although, I was disappointed I didn't see a picture of JR and Luke playing with the FLARP! You will have to post a video of that one! You were a good sport and I especially like the nursing alien. Eventhough you gave the trophy to Katie I know that I still won in my heart. ;)
Good Luck tomorrow! As always you will be in our prayers! Love you, Em

Baby Foos taste test results:
So you missed 2/6 of the baby food taste test. #1 was Banana Berry Mix and #3 was Apricot fruit mix. I'm glad Luke had himself a little snack too.

Nikki Nelson said...

Oh, that's so sweet! You have some amazing friends! I hope you've had your little baby. I can't wait to meet her! I hope you and baby are well.
Best wishes,
Nikki

I love doing the poopy diaper game, that's a fun one. I'm horrible at the string one, and I haven't ever seen the baby food one, Good guesses though, I like the sweet potatoes too. So good!

Katie said...

I almost felt like I was there....I'm glad that it was fun :) I hope everything goes well tonight and that your labor is like 30 minutes tomorrow :) You look amazing by the way, but I think that is just you and pictures. I'm glad that my string was too big. I love you!!!

amydear said...

What awesome friends! I'm glad I know them and their personalities a bit so I can appreciate your shower in a box. That is a great idea! I can't wait to see pictures of Caitlynn! Good luck.

RiLee said...

Shower in a box...good job Katie...I am soo glad that Ronna has such good friends...aren't they the best...


RONNA HAS HAD HER BABY, if anyone is reading this

Larsen's said...

OK, I have been checking your blog for baby updates! I see you had her...more info when you can!!!

CONGRATS!!!

Brooke said...

That was so sweet of your friends. I wish I could have thought of something so cute. I am so happy to be an Auntie again. How is baby Caitlynn? How are Brooke and Luke handling the new addition. Give all those babies a big kiss from Auntie Brookie. Hive yourself and JR one as well. I love you friend.