Friday, September 12, 2008

The Randall Museum

We decided to go to this museum on Wednesday after Luke got out of school. It is so nice to live so close to the city! Since I am a spur of the moment kind of girl, (and have a GPS in my van) we are able to do whatever we want, whenever we want-or at least for a couple more weeks until Caitlynn comes. So, we will continue to "seize the day" until then!

Here is a picture of Luke and Brooke outside the Randall Museum. It has such a nice view of the city.


Luke, Brooke and the bees. Notice in the background how there is an opening through the window for the bees to escape? Well the picture above is the outside. I wonder why nobody ever gets stung?


This was Brooke reading to me in the toddler zone at the museum. I love this picture for a few reasons. First off, I love that she has her toes curled up. She has the longest fingers and toes of anyone I know! I can barely curl my fingers that much because they are so swollen. I am sure she will make a great piano player someday. Second, I love that she read me the book "How Do Dinosaurs Learn to Read?". She obviously didn't like their storyline because she "read" me a story about how the Dinosaurs were going to a talent show where they got so nervous that they threw-up. She did a great job with her imagination that's for sure!


And here is Luke putting on a puppet show for me. He loved this owl because "he could turn his neck like a real owl!"


After a couple of hours at the museum, we decided to go to the park that is down a little path from the museum. On the way to the park, Luke and Brooke discovered this funny tree with a stub for a branch. They of course had to "ride it" for a bit.


All in all, it was a great day to spend in the city. And to be perfectly honest, that was actually my second trip to the city that day. In the morning I went with Brooke to Haight/Ashbury street for breakfast and to pick up some fabric. But don't tell JR because he thinks I spend too much money on gas.

6 comments:

Larsen's said...

What a nice day!

amydear said...

I'm waiting for that baby! You are in my prayers. I hope the next 10 or so days go by peacefully for you. And I think most moms are the stalker type! Hayden is in kindergarten too. Can't believe they're so big.

BC Thompson Family said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. We will have to come to San Fransico next summer to see u all and do some fun stuff out there!

Great Thought said...

We keep your family in our prayers every night. Your dad may not remember BUT Grandma Karen walked JR to school every day that they lived on Hadley in Dallas. Grandma loves those memories...never even thought about being a stalker back then:)

We have been enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing ALL the wonderful pixs...Hunter has been posting his art on the Thompson Blog. Would love to see some of your art, too.

Time flies and the precious moments fade. We live so far away BUT think of you, our shining stars, EVERY DAY.

CJ starts piano lessons on Tuesday, September 16, 2008. He also plays the drums in band at school and has started to learn the guitar. CJ loves to sing each Sunday in the Ward Choir with Diane and Grandma. We perform once a month at Sacrament.

Diane is a senior this year...it seems like it has only been a few years since she started Kindergarten. When Diane was a 7th grader, Grandma taught Math to a group of gifted and talented students. Diane learned a lot of Math that year; Grandma has been asked by Bishop Manning, who is also the principal at RRHS, to homeschool CJ for Math this year. We spend 90 minutes each day! Grandma LOVES MATH. We started last Friday and have covered a lot of beginning algebra. He tests "proficient" in Math AND is already ahead of the advanced students in his class!

Hope your day is filled with JOY...and remember...each night we look for our "stars". We love you! Grandma Karen~Grandpa Paul~Diane~CJ~Joe~Dan

Unknown said...

Hey....long time no talk...you have the same background as me....funny.
I also caught up on all your blogs...I need to update mine..I loved your "christmas" blog...I think of you and Chelsie often.
I love you and your family.
Ri

imbritney said...

Luke is definitely looking more and more like CJ.... you can especially see it in the picture on the tree! and, I gotta say, I love Brookie's pig tails! those are my favorite things on little girls. :)